Looking for a good read?
Is one of your goals to read more in 2018? Mine is, and I set a goal to read over 50 books. It’s been a slow start, but I plan to fit more reading time into my schedule.
Reading is one of my favorite things to do, and if I had my way, I would read all day! I have always been a book lover and when I was young, the best part of each week was the trip to the library. Nowadays, I don’t get to the library often, so most of my reading is done on my Kindle, but not all. I love swapping great books with friends, too. If an author I love has written a book, I typically buy the hardback or paperback so I can keep it and lend.
I am sharing what I read in 2017. Some of the books were fantastic, and some, not so much.
- New Spirit-Filled Life Bible (I read this daily)
- The Valley of Vision (I read this most days)
- The Seeking Heart (I read this often)
- New Morning Mercies (I read this daily)
- Chasing Slow: Courage to Journey Off the Beaten Path
- Coming Clean: A Story of Faith
- The Little Book of Hygge: Danish Secrets to Happy Livin
- The Sweet Life in Paris
- At Home in the World: Reflections on Belonging While Wandering the Globe
- The Magnolia Story
- Rhythms of Rest: Finding the Spirit of Sabbath in a Busy World
- A Family Shaped by Grace: How to Get Along with the People Who Matter Most
- Whispers of Rest: 40 Days of God’s Love to Revitalize Your Soul
- Intrusion: A Novel
- The Perfect Girl
- Undone: A Story of Making Peace with an Unexpected Life
- South of Broad
- And Life Continues: Sex Trafficking and My Journey to Freedom
- The Good Widow
- Sunlight Burning at Midnight
- A Letter to My Congregation
- It Ends with Us
- No Place to Hide: A Brain Surgeon’s Long Journey Home From the Iraq War
- Before the Fall
- Roots & Sky: A Journey Home in Four Seasons
- Everything I Never Told You
- Sea of Tranquility
- Deep Work: Rules for Focused Success in a Distracted World
- Reading People
- The Woman in Cabin 10
- My Kitchen Year: 136 Recipes That Saved My Life
- Walking on Water: Reflections on Faith and Art
I read some really great books last year (I will admit some were not so great), but a few stand out as my favorites.
I am excited to share my top ten picks with you:
What were your favorites of 2017? Have you read any of these books?
Leave me a comment and let me know what your favorites are. I love to get your book recommendations!
“The more you read, the more things you will know.
The more that you learn, the more places you’ll go.”
*This post contains some affiliate links. Read my disclosure here.